Have you ever wondered how some people can be really persuasive and influential? Could you achieve the same influence as well?
Chris Voss – The Negotiation Strategy Expert
Chris Voss was one of the FBI lead negotiators for closely 25 years. He fine-tuned negotiation methods over the years, allowing him to save hundreds of lives. He breaks down some of the most impactful language patterns and questions that can help you deal with both adversarial paper and everyday interactions to push the influence and the ability to negotiate your ideas.
Is this for you?
If you are scared by the words “influence” and “persuasion” where actually being influenced and persuaded without even knowing on a daily basis, don’t read this book. This is not for you.
But if you work with people and want to help them overcome their own self –imposed imitations as well as have a two kit of communication skills, you can actually use every single day and even in most of the intense moments where you got this conflict going on, this book will deliver huge value to you.
Never Split the Difference – Packed with Actionable Insights
- new set of communication skills that you can use daily
- how the most people communicate using a self-combination of self-control of your state and tonality using highly effective questioning and tactically empathy to diffuse any situation.
- most directing your kind of paths awareness into your preferred direction.
I would be happy to share with you the four big ‘light bulb’ moments that I took from reading it.
- Going for a NO is actually BETTER going for a YES! The world’s biggest life full moments for me with this book was understanding that going for a no is actually a better an occasion going for a yes. For a long lime, many years of corporate sales training and reading a dozen of sales book, of being indoctrinating the thinking that your ways ask questions, that you can apart can answer yes too. What Chris recommends is you can actually go to a NO instead. This allows you can apart to say NO and it reduces the barriers and helps you feel like they are in control and that’s actually the start of the negotiation, not the end that most people are scared.
- You can Neutralize a lot of negative perceptions by doing what’s you’re apt as an accusation of order – If you are in interaction with some degree of tension or conflict, it is likely you can’t apart this thinking and judging you in a way it is like to be negative. So by verbalizing all the negative accusation that you can’t apart is likely thinking and actually diminishes the impact of those thoughts and often as you can apart speaking a way that you actually comes through the fits. As a mindset coach and trainer, I use a lot of questions masterfully every day to help my clients find their own solutions, for the reinforcement of the powerful effective questions that Chris talked about he calls calibrate the questions being as one of the most powerful tools on his tool kit.
- Calibrate the Question – To calibrate the question/questions to use influence the reality that you can apart, mostly focusing on the what and the how giving the solution of finding the effort of what you can apart instead of taking the responsibility yourself.
- Having the Right Mindset is Important – The main point of this book is having the right mindset is more important than having any other person saying that you are right and this parallels with my own training courses that I teach people on mindset.
- The Ability to Influence Anyone – Because Christ talks about your ability to influence anyone all start to your own ability to influence yourself – staying calm, thinking clearly and not letting the ego or pride drive your behavior. He also talks about how to describe between important detail and communication to find the core elements that result in the outcome that you want.
This book gives you some practical approaches to use in the skills on a daily basis. To help you get the most out of this book was also dealing with some of the most challenging moments in your life when you face with some conflict when you really need some masterful negotiation skills.
I rate this book 9 out of 10 because it is an easy read, has really interesting stories that back it up from his experience and he delivers his communication system in a way that gives you some everyday examples. You can actually apply these skills immediately.
Grab the opportunity to get more hints, tips, and reviews on Self Development & Non-Fiction Books, by checking in Self-Development Book Club Facebook Group. See you there!